I know this is probably the last article I should be writing here, seeing how pretty much everyone is now well-aware of the threat of Global Warming and Climate Change (aka the movie, "An Inconvenient Truth").
There's only one thing though: Deja vu.
Tens of film producers, stage-shows and such have been trying to highlight climage change for years. The threat of climate change has been trying to sneak its way into mainstream media for a long time now, but why when the 41st President of the United States of America (Al Gore.. Bush is nothing more than a cheat and in my heart & mind, he does not deserve the title of 'President') produces a documentary, almost as chilling and captivating as others.. wait a minute, this sentence has become too long and I've lost the point I've been trying to make. Simply put: Where was everyone when sh*t hit was constantly hitting the fan over the past several years? What was it about Al Gore's documentary that sparked a wide-spread, global shift in thought?
Power shut-downs have already begun in a few cities across the globe, with several others scheduled for later this year but its funny how we're in the year 2007 and still, world powers are taking more of a reactive approach to this issue than a proactive one. Shutting down the power for a few minutes once every few months is only going to slow down the effects of climate change.
I guess I shouldn't complain and instead be glad that awareness has picked up (again). I'll start complaining again when its all forgotten about and it blows over after a few months.
HT123
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment