Monday, February 26, 2007

Windows Vista flawed

So, I hear Windows Vista is based on a platform that is filled with virtually every bug known to manking, and has the tendency to easily get infected by those we never knew existed.

Although Vista is already out (I've personally used an evaluation copy), it seems like more hype than anything. There is nothing really to rave about, except maybe that Media Center Edition is incorporated in some of the versions to Vista. Unlike Windows XP, where we had the choice of Home and Professional, Vista bring brings quite a few: Basic, Home Premium, Business and Ultimate.

Another reason I say it is flawed to begin with is that a lot of lesser-known software is incompatible with Vista and it will take a while before developers will adapt their software to run on Vista.

My advice, don't rush to make a purchase. Sit it out, and wait. My former colleagues at Microsoft still tell me to forget about it altogether; unless of course it comes with a newer PC. At least then, you'll be entitled to some quick-fixes and support options. I'll try to follow up on Vista, probably towards the end of the year - unless of course, World War III breaks out and Bill Gates and Microsoft's crummy OS will be the least concern of this "techno-centric" (yeah, I made that up) society.

HT123

No comments: